Embleme für Saab 96

Danke
SAAB
9-3 II
Baujahr
Turbo
FPT
Hallo Forum,

wie bereits am Stammtisch diskutiert, möchte ich gern die zeitgenössisch korrekten Embleme an meinem 73er anbringen. Bei der Restauration in den 90ern wurden Embleme des 900'ers angebracht bzw. Saab Scania Logos, obwohl zu diesem Zeitpunkt SaabScania noch nicht existierte. Die Kollegen vom Schleswig-Holstein Stammtisch haben schon ihre Hilfe angeboten, so dass ich voller Hoffnung bin. Vorsorglich habe ich aber auch noch meinen Londoner 96'er Spezi gefragt, da ja evtl. für die englischen Modelle andere Regeln gegolten haben könnten. Nun habe ich dazu einige interessante Ausführungen erhalten, die ich hier gern mit Euch teilen möchte (E-Mail Austausch auf Englisch). Offensichtlich habe ich bei meinem 73'er "die Wahl", welche Embleme ich anbringen kann, da zwar die Erstzulassung im September war, aber das genaue Herstellungsdatum nicht bekannt ist. Bestätigt wird auch die Aussage der Stammtisch-Kollegen, dass die runden Embleme bis 1973 leider sehr fragil sind und leicht brechen. Interessant finde ich auch den Hinweis auf die Verbindung zwischen Emblemen und Farbe der Ganghebelgrifffarbe (weiß bzw. orange) - oder habe ich da etwas missverstanden?

Dazu noch eine Bitte: ich habe neulich in einem der Foren alte Prospekte gesehen, kann sie aber trotz Suchfunktion nicht wiederfinden. Könnte mir jemand mit dem Link weiter helfen? Danke!

Hier die Mails:

On 28 Oct 2010, at 14:45, <Peter> wrote:

Hi Nick,

Just to let you know, the gearbox has been installed and runs well. A bit of fiddling with the gear shift control (2nd and 4th gear bit difficult). However, my Saab man was impressed by the work done on the gearbox! And finally, the engine is now louder than the gearbox… ;-)

I wonder if you can give me some advice on the Saab emblems. I checked various pictures on the internet but can’t find a definite answer: which “V4” sign do I need for the 1973 (September)? After the restoration in the 90ies, the previous owner did not replace the V4 sign. The pictures I’ve seen were for 1972’s and 1974’s. In 1972 the old sign with the 4 in the V (chrome) was sitting in the middle of the boot lid; on the 74 model, the new sign (with the 4 right next to the V) was used, sitting in the bottom right corner. Obviously, this was just changed between 72 and 74. My car has a “SAAB” writing in the middle but no V4 emblem. Although, it would be the easiest to fix the new V4 emblem, I’d like to get it right! Do you have an idea?

On my car, the small round emblems at the rear ventilations slots (hope this is the right word for it) show the writing “SAAB SCANIA” (on dark blue ground). I think, this can’t be right, as Saab Scania was only introduced in later years. I wonder if the right logos would be the ones with the “SAAB” writing on light blue ground. Is that right?

By the way, I found out only recently that here in the North of Germany, there are still many 96 enthusiasts (2 and 4-stroke). At least 2 of them already indicated that they may have a wide selection of emblems, so no shortage at all!

When I spoke to you 6(?) years ago, you mentioned that a Dutch company is still selling the Ford V4 engine (1.5 l). Is that still the case? If so, how much would that be? I wonder if I buy one and put it in stock – just in case!

Sorry to bother you with these questions but you are still my favourite 96 V4 expert! Looking forward to your advice! And many thanks!!

With kind regards

Peter
--------------------------------
Sent: Donnerstag, 28. Oktober 2010 20:57
To: Peter
Subject: Re: Gearbox is running well! ...and a few other questions

Hi Peter

If your instruments have white hands you need the early type emblem. If they have orange hands the later.
The Saab boot emblem changed too, the early type is the same as the one on the side of the wing, the later ones are black with a silver edge.

The round badge should be blue with just Saab written across the middle. However these are very fragile and the Saab Scania badge (from the boot of a classic 900 convertible) fits perfectly.

Dutch re-con engines are sadly no longer available.

Glad to hear the box is good (I knew it would be)
Kind regards
Nick
--------------------------------------------------------------------
On 29 Oct 2010, at 08:42, <
Peter> wrote:

Hi Nick,

This is of great help! Many thanks for your quick reply. Am I right in assuming that the emblem change happened in 1973? Interesting to hear the message about the Saab boot emblem. My car has the ones on it with the silver edge on both, the boot and the wings – obviously, these were available after restoration rather than the old ones. As I have white hands, I reckon I have to watch out for the old emblem then. I heard about the fragility of the old round badges but there are supposed to be re-makes available in Sweden which are more stable.

I’ll be interested to know if there were other round badges between the light blue and the Saab Scania ones.

As the boot has been re-painted only recently, I will probably leave it as it is and fit a new V4 badge – should not be too far away from the original state, if the change happened in 1973. Only real connoisseurs will spot…

Perhaps, I’ll look out for original badges/emblems and fit them for the car’s 50th birthday (in 13 years…). I will first check here in Hamburg but may come back to you if I can’t find them.

Again, many thanks for your advice!

With kind regards

Peter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Peter

The emblem change happened "during" 1973, not at a specific time.
Saab were a small company and they didn't waste anything, there was always a crossover period when they changed something.

There are three types of round badge, pre '69 (i.e. round headlamp) cars had metal badges with sort'a deco lettering. These are pretty durable if you can find some. Post '69 (i.e. rectangular headlamp) cars had the crappy blue ones. Then the 900 boot badges that you have.

I have the correct badges for your boot and wings.
Check out; http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110598182179&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT#ht_500wt_883
I don't have the "Saab" emblems on eBay but I have the ones to match the V4 badge.
Sorry no round badges.

All the best
Nick

3563374836_3b035a4ce4.jpgSehr interessantes Thema.
saab-96.JPG
pa130015.jpg

Gruß->

Super Bild! Auch wenn's ein bisschen traurig macht. Nach den erhaltenen Erklärungen müsste es sich dann um ein Vor-69'er Modell mit runden Scheinwerfern handeln?!

Hallo Peter,

das mit der Ganghebelgrifffarbe hast du falsch verstanden.
Er schrieb, wenn deine Instrumente weisse oder orange Zeiger haben....

Außerdem kannst Du bei mir fast alle Saab-Prospekte von 1960 bis 1980 in deutschem Text
in Schenefeld einsehen. Dort siehst du auch alle Veränderungen von Emblemen.
Meine Telefonnummer hattest du schon einmal.

Gruß Dirk

Hallo Peter,

das mit der Ganghebelgrifffarbe hast du falsch verstanden.
Er schrieb, wenn deine Instrumente weisse oder orange Zeiger haben....

Außerdem kannst Du bei mir fast alle Saab-Prospekte von 1960 bis 1980 in deutschem Text
in Schenefeld einsehen. Dort siehst du auch alle Veränderungen von Emblemen.
Meine Telefonnummer hattest du schon einmal.

Gruß Dirk

Danke, Dirk! Ja das kommt davon, dass ich nicht genau gelesen habe ("handle" statt "hands"). Hab mich auch schon ein bisschen gewundert... Komme gern mal nach Schenefeld und guck mir die Prospekte an.

Gruß, Peter

jaja, wenn man nicht genau lesen kann...

Ab Modelljahr 73 (zu erkennen an der Fahrgestellnr. die mit 9673 anfängt) gab es diese Embleme, der einzige Unterschied zu o.a. Abbildung ist das Emblem im Kühlergrill, das bei einem 73er so aussehen muss:

Anhänge

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    3,6 KB · Aufrufe: 11
jaja, wenn man nicht genau lesen kann...

Ab Modelljahr 73 (zu erkennen an der Fahrgestellnr. die mit 9673 anfängt) gab es diese Embleme, der einzige Unterschied zu o.a. Abbildung ist das Emblem im Kühlergrill, das bei einem 73er so aussehen muss:

Die Fahrgestellnummer sollte hier ja weiterhelfen.
Persönlich würde ich zu dem fraglichen Chrom-Modell allerdings die Metallembleme bevorzugen, ist für mich stimmiger.

Gruß->

Dank, Dank, Dank an alle! Wie bin ich bloß bisher ohne dies Forum zurecht gekommen?!? Ich wusste doch "Hier werden Sie geholfen". Klasse! Ausgerüstet mit Bildern, Prospekteindrücken und viel freundlicher Hilfe werde ich mich nun auf die Suche machen! Werde am Stammtisch von meinen Erfahrungen berichten.

Gruß
Peter

Zurück
Oben