SAAB Besitzer Umzug nach Deutschland

Been too long in the UK as my perception was that you guys have those limits over there as well

Yes, we do have speed limits. The limit on that road was 55... I was using good old American sarcasm when I asked "what speed limit".

Now, as far as me doing 140 on a 55, let me rationalize: imagine you have an area the size of Belgium. On that area, outside of tourist season, there are only four cops on duty on any given day. On this area there is also a very smooth, recently paved road that sees little to no traffic when the tourists are gone. No one lives on this road, and it is straight for five miles, the woods are well cleared on both sides and the weather is perfect. On a given day, let's say there was a store being robbed in a small town. All the police (all four of them), converge on the store to resolve the robbery. Hence, on an area the size of a small country, there is the perfect road for pushing your cars past the limits of legality: straight like an arrow, smooth like a billiard table, no cops, traffic or people around, what do you do? I pushed my SAAB to 140 mph. The car would have done more, but I backed off since that was the fastest I've ever done on a public road.

einen Reifen Fabrikschiffen kaufen ?????
= a tire of factory boats buying

German is a language full of misunderstandings used by non-native speakers.

.......please repeat in english again for I see what you mean.

einen Reifen Fabrikschiffen kaufen ?????
= a tire of factory boats buying

German is a language full of misunderstandings used by non-native speakers.

.......please repeat in english again for I see what you mean.

Yes, that is true. Tut mir leid! German is a language that I only have a minor grasp of, which I hope to improve greatly after I arrive there.

What I meant was "that should be enough for a front wheel drive car until I buy my own tire factory". Looking back on that I have no clue where the -schiffen came from!!

Welcome... and please stick to English :smile: Most of us can read/understand it - and translate for those who can't.
Google translate really doesn't help :biggrin:

Now, as far as me doing 140 on a 55, let me rationalize: imagine you have an area the size of Belgium. On that area, outside of tourist season, there are only four cops on duty on any given day. On this area there is also a very smooth, recently paved road that sees little to no traffic when the tourists are gone. No one lives on this road, and it is straight for five miles, the woods are well cleared on both sides and the weather is perfect. On a given day, let's say there was a store being robbed in a small town. All the police (all four of them), converge on the store to resolve the robbery. Hence, on an area the size of a small country, there is the perfect road for pushing your cars past the limits of legality: straight like an arrow, smooth like a billiard table, no cops, traffic or people around, what do you do? I pushed my SAAB to 140 mph. The car would have done more, but I backed off since that was the fastest I've ever done on a public road.

So, the question is: how did you organize the robbery to be carried out just when you wanted to try out the top speed? :rolleyes: :biggrin:

@ralftorsten: He drove the escape vehicle of the bank robbers :smile:

I am finally in Ansbach, I arrived in the middle of that nasty storm on Friday! The airplane almost landed sideways in Frankfurt.

I am sad however that my SAAB won't arrive in Germany until late January or early February. In the meantime I will be looking for some other car to buy, something cheap with automatic transmission, as my wife doesn't drive manual. Does anyone have a SAAB with an auto transmission for sale for around 2.000-3.000 Euro?

welcome to Germany Renato :smile:

sorry, but my wife does not want to sell her Automatic CSE :redface:

good luck

Olly

Automatic gearboxes offen are scorned upon as bring for retired people only, and generally considered inferior. So better cars can be had for less money.
Stay clear of old-generation 900s, though, as their three-speed automatic gearboxes really are a pain in the ...
Catastrophic fuel consumption, slow, very high rpm on the Autobahn, thus very noisy. Besides, these 3-speed auto gearboxes were made for the american market with low speed limits and overheat on a german Autobahn.

I'd propose a Saab 9000. On the condition of regular oil changes, their ZF auto gearboxes seem quite reliable. Besides, they fit the "big, relaxed car" character of the 9000 quite well. Then, 9000s are very cheap, and automatic always gives a discount.

Automatic gearboxes offen are scorned upon as bring for retired people only, and generally considered inferior. So better cars can be had for less money.

Yes, I know. I was born and raised in Brazil, and over there automatics are for lazy, or very rich people who don't drive their own cars.

Good news is, I talked to my sister who lives in Michelstadt, and her husband's company has a VW Golf that they were going to sell, but they are letting me borrow the car until the SAAB arrives. So, no new car purchase for now, I'll be driving a VW for a month or so.

Well, I was down with a bad cold during Christmas and could not go to my sister's home, and now she went on a short vacation for new years, so no Golf for me. Yesterday I finally got my driver's license in Germany, so I rented a Honda CR-Z. I am enjoying the car, it is both sporty and economical, but too much of a Honda for me. Good thing is, Hondas have good gear shifters, and this one is the same, very precise! But I miss my SAAB, and according to the shipping company it is right now in the Atlantic Ocean...

Today I saw a late 90s, gorgeous 9000 CDE in red driving in Ansbach, I didn't catch the license plate number. Does it belong to anyone here?

Cheers!

Well, I finally got my SAAB! I picked up the car from Schweinfurt two days ago. The car as very dirty but I got it washed and made it look beautiful again! Oil level checked, fuel tank full, I took the A7 down to Ansbach, even with the strong winds I was able to push the car on a few stretches, got it up to 235 km/h so it's running strong. Yesterday I had the vehicle inspection done and the inspector was very impressed at the overall condition of my 18 year old car!

So now I have my new KFZ-Kennzeichen, AN-VK28. If you see a low, red 900 with dark wheels that's me, please wave! One bad thing is that my front shocks are a bit floaty since the pick up, probably from being chained for a whole month on a boat. I'll be filing a damage repair request with the shippers...

Well, I finally got my SAAB! I picked up the car from Schweinfurt two days ago. The car as very dirty but I got it washed and made it look beautiful again! Oil level checked, fuel tank full, I took the A7 down to Ansbach, even with the strong winds I was able to push the car on a few stretches, got it up to 235 km/h so it's running strong. Yesterday I had the vehicle inspection done and the inspector was very impressed at the overall condition of my 18 year old car!

So now I have my new KFZ-Kennzeichen, AN-VK28. If you see a low, red 900 with dark wheels that's me, please wave! One bad thing is that my front shocks are a bit floaty since the pick up, probably from being chained for a whole month on a boat. I'll be filing a damage repair request with the shippers...

pics please - :biggrin:

Here are some of the car on the trip from Alaska to Alabama, before I put it on the boat to Germany. I don't have pictures with the German plates yet.

IMG_0267%2520a.jpg

IMG_0811%2520a.jpg

IMG_0818%2520a.jpg

IMG_0599.JPG

Zurück
Oben