Suffolk minimeet 12th March

Danke
we are having a Rolling road/Dyno day on the 12th March
in England, Suffolk, Ipswich..

so far there are about 17 names down for the day plus a few who will just watch..

as for cars they will be from a 1983 99GL or 1979 99T about 5 C900 T8 & T16/T16S
2 or 3 NG900 turbo's, 9000 Turbos, 9-3 & 9-5's plus there might be one or two other makes..

so if any of you are in the country drop in for a chat & BBQ

its being held here www.LPSAUTO.com

as for more details check out the events section on www.saabcentral.com or www.uksaabs.net

Paul

Hi boys,

its only 2 days to go now, just a update we now have Abbott Racing sending 2 mechanics to be there all day just to help us if we need it
question & answer etc..
there are about 20 Turbo nutters coming to have a go on the rollers also 5 who are not running their cars this time..
I'll post pictures over the weekend & also peoples Bhp/Torque figures

here is a teaser my T8 was on the rollers Tuesday night for a play it managed 212ft lb@3100rpm (287Nm)

Paul

hi folks,
sound good, but to cross the channel this days is not so easy, than in the summer month - have fun

...would be nice to join you and have a bit of small talk, but perhaps in the sommer when I've got a few quid left on my bank account. Have a good time and I'm looking forward to see the pics.

Hi boys,

it was a great day,very good turn out for the first RR/Dyno day in Ipswich Suffolk..
there was about 20 cars turned up all Saabs, bar 2 a Caterham "7" & Golf VR6 supercharged
there was 12 runners on the Dyno..

I'll post a full list of Bhp/Torque figures when I get this info, the Saabs ranged from 1978 99T to 2000 9-5 Aero...
My figures were up so I'm a Happy Bunny again, only problem is I know need a new wastegate as mine is bleeding off boost at 3100rpm so it seems it has a weak spring.
but this means I have a lot of potential left in it..

My T8 has the Heuschmid Cam fitted to it from the HS1 or HS2 kit plus the other bit'n'bobs fitted FMIC APC tweek ITG airfilter etc..

my old figure were 136.9bhp & 156.4ft/lb this was running with standard Saab T8 timing.
yesterday I got 161.1bhp & 221ft/lb running with Heuschmid timing
this is a increase of 24.2bhp & 64.6ft/lb which is good

Heuschmid claim 170/180bhp & 202ft/lb so my figures are not far off this bhp wise but over in Torque...

so once the wastegate is sorted I should be looking at 190bhp & 250ft/lb or over

Paul

picture time..
DSC00240.jpg

DSC00246.jpg

DSC00247.jpg

DSC00248.jpg

DSC00250.jpg

Paul

Hi Paul,

nice pics. Thanks for sharing your event with us this way.

VBR,

Joerg

Zurück
Oben